Built on an idyllic tropical island, surrounded with pristine reefs and unspoiled flora and fauna, Papua Paradise Eco Resort - situated in the heart of Raja Ampat - brings you closer to Mother Nature at her best, with all essential standards of service and comfort, making it an unforgettable holiday for divers, snorkelers, beach combers, bird watchers and nature enthusiasts.
|Sorong Domestic Airport||15 + 120 minutes||Car + Resort Boat|
- From Sorong to Resort: Boat departure time is 14h00. On occasion, the boat may depart slightly later due to guest flight delays. For morning arrival, the guests will be transferred to a comfortable hotel lobby where complimentary breakfast buffet and/or lunch are provided.
- From Resort to Sorong: Boat departure time is between 6h00 and 9h00, in accordance with earliest guest flight departure time in Sorong. Earliest departure from the resort is 06h00 in order to catch a 09h30 flight. You will be transferred to Sorong one day in advance in case you need to catch a flight earlier than 09h30.
The resort is managed by Johan and Sim Yee. Besides their experience in dive resort management, they are both
PADI instructors with experience in dive education, marine conservation and are deeply committed to protecting the
Our local architecturally inspired water bungalows with essential facilities are built on stilts and made with traditional materials sourced locally. Featuring a total of 26 over-water bungalows (10 Deluxe Rooms & 16 Superior Rooms) with spacious verandas overlooking the turquoise house reef and the Pacific Ocean, all rooms are equipped with:
- ☑70 meter square overwater bungalow with ocean/sunset view and solid wood furniture
- ☑Queen Sized bed with pedestal fan
- ☑Private En-suite bathroom with hot/cold water shower
- ☑Large Sunset Veranda with sun beds and hammock
- ☑85 meter square overwater bungalow with ocean/sunset view and teak wood furniture
- ☑4 poster King sized “King Koil” bed with ceiling fan
- ☑Private Semi-Open En-suite bathroom with hot/cold rain shower and hair dryer
- ☑Two tier open large sunset veranda with daybed
- ☑Sundeck with sun beds
- ☑Indoor cozy corner with couches
- ☑Mini Bar
- ☑Papuan “Asmat” Artwork
Facilities and Services
Our ocean sunset view restaurant has been completely refurbished and re-opened its doors since September 2015. Meals are served buffet style with a wide selection of Indonesian and International dishes as well as fresh tropical fruit.
Other Facilities and Services
- Internet Access: Free Satellite Wi-Fi in the dive center lounge, adequate for emails and web browsing.
- Concierge & ticketing confirmation service
- Beverages: Soft drinks and local beer is available on the island against a charge. We recommend you to purchase dutyfree and carrying with you any wine or spirits of your choice on your holiday.
- Scuba Diving
- Bird Watching around the resort
- Wilson’s Bird of Paradise (Bird Watching) Trip
- Red Bird of Paradise (Bird Watching) Trip
- Non-diving and snorkeling excursions: Village Tour, Mangrove and Hornbill cruises
- “Passage & Mushroom Islands Excursion”: A full day trip to Hidden Bay, The Passage and Mushroom Islands
- “Fam Islands Excursion”: A full day trip that includes 2/3 spots for snorkeling or diving plus a walk up to Fam islands viewpoint
Gangga Divers @ Papua Paradise
Our professional diving facility operates according to best safety and PADI standards, with a personalized service and professionally trained dive guides. With this standard, the maximum diver to guide ratio is 4 divers to 1 dive guide, guiding you through the underwater world of Raja Ampat. With over 1300 fish species and 540 coral species, Raja Ampat is considered the richest coral reef ecosystem in the world with its splendid marine biodiversity.
Diving Center Service and Facilities
- Library with a choice of marine books, plus flora and fauna books.
- Classroom for PADI courses equipped with TV.
- Male & Female Toilets
- Equipment crates, washtubs and drying facilities for dive equipment
- Locked storage room for dive equipment
- New or well-maintained rental equipment by Aqualung
- 8, 12 and 15 Liters Aluminum Tanks; Valves and adaptors INT and DIN
- Nitrox (~32%) is available free of charge for Nitrox-certified divers
- 4 Well-maintained and well-aerated Coltri Compressors for safe air fills
- 1 NITROX membrane system and 1 continuous Gas Blending station
- Air-conditioned camera room with workstations
- 1 Automated External Defibrilator (AED)
Description: All custom-made fiberglass boats with Yamaha outboard engines with roofs are designed and built for safe and comfortable diving
- 1 Fiberglass boat with sundeck and toilet which can accommodate 8 to 12 divers, powered by 3 silent, 4 stroke 200 HP engines
- 1 Fiberglass boat which can accommodate 6 to 8 divers, powered by 2 silent, 4 stroke 200 HP engines
- 2 Fiberglass boat which can accommodate 6 to 8 divers, powered by 2 silent, 4 stroke 150 HP engines
- 4 Fiberglass boats which can accommodate 1 to 5 divers, each powered by two 2 silent, 4 stroke 50 HP engines
- 2 Fiberglass boats which can accommodate 1 to 5 divers, each powered by two 2strokes 40HP engines
- Safety equipment such as VHF marine radios, GPS, life jackets, first aid kit, DAN First-aid Oxygen kits
Facilities & Services
- Fresh towels on board
- Drinking water
- Hot water, tea and coffee
- Homemade snacks
- Spare diving equipment
- Binoculars (on request)
- Camera crate / Fresh water for rinsing camera (upon request)